In this section, we would like to assist you with the selection of the appropriate hose for shot blasting / sand blasting recovery. In the following, we have compiled an initial selection of the most suitable hoses from our range for the recovery of shot and sand blasting. All of the products listed here are suitable for use on blasting chambers, floor preparation machines, grinding machines and similar surface preparation machines. For further information about our range of hoses for surface preparation see below.
Hoses for shot blasting / sand blasting
Applications and properties
Various techniques or methods are used in surface processing. In the case of surface preparation methods such as shot blasting or sand blasting, the shot or sand blasting material has to be returned to the blasting chamber after its use. Due to the abrasive effect of the blasting media, the used hose must have a high abrasion resistance. The products AIRDUC® PUR 355 AS and AIRDUC® PUR 356 AS are particularly recommended for this purpose. The AIRDUC® PUR 350 AS and the NORPLAST® PUR 385 AS, which offer high flexibility as well as abrasion resistance, are recommended as an alternative for use on floor preparation machines or grinding machines.
Frequently asked questionsWhich product is suitable for sand blasting recovery?
Depending on requirements, we offer light, medium and heavy hose types. All products listed in this category are suitable for sand blasting recovery.
Technical details and standards
All antistatic hoses which are presented in this section have the following properties:
• Permanently antistatic wall: electrical and surface resistance < 109 ohm
• Certified according to TRGS 727 and ATEX 2014/34/EU
Further information on electrostatic charging can be found here.
The following hose types are according to the product standard DIN EN 26057:
• Type 2: AIRDUC® PUR 350 AS
• Type 3: AIRDUC® PUR 355 AS
• Type 4: AIRDUC® PUR 356 AS
The following hose types are flame-retardant:
• according to DIN 4102-B1: PROTAPE® PUR 330 AS
• according to DIN 4102-B1 and conform to the safety regulations of the German Wood Trade: AIRDUC® PUR 350 AS / PUR 355 AS, NORPLAST® PUR 385 AS
• according to UL94-V2: AIRDUC® PUR 355 AS
• according to UL94-HB: AIRDUC® PUR 351 FOOD
For technical support please do not hesitate to contact us!